Real Madrid, Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao are taking legal action against La Liga over a €1.994bn (£1.7bn) private equity deal that league administrators agreed last week.
La Liga had said the deal would be worth £2.3bn when it was first unveiled in August. The lower figure announced on Friday reflected the opt-outs and will be shared among the participating clubs and paid over a three-year period, La Liga said.
The CVC deal looked at risk of unravelling last week when Barcelona, Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao proposed an alternative proposal for JPMorgan, Bank of America and HSBC to jointly lend €2bn in exchange for a fixed annual payment of €115m (£97.9m) over 25 years, a document seen by Reuters showed.
Read more/Source: Sky News
Can't stop reading? This and all news articles are property of their creators, many are not owned or provided by Private Equity Insider. As an event organizer and community platform, we curate content from reliable sources for your suggested reading, and advise you to read the full articles from the referenced authors and sources.