Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R), advised by LatAm advisory and investment firm HMC Itajubá, has closed its latest flagship fund with USD1.2 billion in capital commitments from Latin America investors
The capital committed represents one of the largest fundraises for a buyout manager in Latin America to date.
The Latin America capital for CD&R fund was raised in all major markets and led by Andean Region with 74.1 per cent of the capital, followed by Brazil with 16.6 per cent and Mexico with 9.3 per cent respectively. By type of investors, institutional investors, like Pension Funds and Insurance Companies, represented 70 per cent and Private Investors, including Feeder vehicles, were the remaining 30 per cent. The closing involves more than 90 investors from the region, demonstrating the increasing potential of the region for private equity fund investments.
“We are very proud of this closing because it shows the growth potential of Latin America into the alternatives ecosystem. HMC Itajubá team is working hard to make great things happen in this type of investment in the region,” said Ricardo Morales, Co-founder at HMC Itajubá.
Source: Private Equity Wire
Can't stop reading? This and all news articles are property of their creators, many are not owned or provided by Private Equity Insider. As an event organizer and community platform, we curate content from reliable sources for your suggested reading, and advise you to read the full articles from the referenced authors and sources.